Our Elementary Program
- Ages 6-12 (children must turn 6 on or before September 1st of the current school year)
- Monday-Friday, 8:00am-3:00pm
- Collaborative learning
- Cosmic curriculum focusing on the formation of the universe, the history of time, and our relationship to the planet and all its life forms
- Geology, biology, botany, and zoology introduced in the context of history
- Admission to this program requires a classroom visit and teacher recommendation or previous Montessori experience
The climate of the Elementary classrooms is noticeably different from the Primary classrooms. The environment accommodates the unique characteristics of Elementary learners. Highly social, intellectually curious, and endowed with great imaginations, Elementary students are eager to explore the world and find their place within it. The Elementary curriculum provides a framework for this exploration through key lessons and materials that stimulate further inquiry. The complete Montessori Elementary program is six years, comprising both Lower and Upper levels.